March 9, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ending March 4, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.7 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 0.4% higher than last week's estimate and 14.3% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.5 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 144 mmst, 14.6% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.