April 13, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ending April 8, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.8 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 5% lower than last week's estimate and 19.9% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.4 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 215.5 mmst, 16.2% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.