EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: May 11, 2017
May 11, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ending May 6, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.3 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.1% lower than last week's estimate and 13% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.3 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 271.5 mmst, 17.5% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.