EIA's Coal Markets Report: May 15, 2017
May 15, 2017 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending May 12, 2017.
The summary of the regional spot prices for the most recent week is provided below:
- Decreased by $0.10 to $52.35 in Central Appalachia
- Decreased by $0.10 to $45.50 in Northern Appalachia
- Remained at $30.95 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased by $0.20 to $11.55 in Powder River Basin
- Decreased by 0.65 to $41.00 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in Q3 2017.
NYMEX coal future prices are available through Friday, May 12, 2017.*
*Please note that future prices for NYMEX APPALACHIAN and INDONESIAN_MCCLOSKEY coal are no longer available.
To see the full report, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/markets/.