August 3, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending July 29, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 4.4% higher than last week's estimate and 13.1% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.1 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 449.7 mmst, 14.9% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.