August 7, 2017 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending August 4, 2017.
For the week, spot prices:
- Decreased $0.10 to $52.60 in Central Appalachia
- Decreased $0.10 to $45.65 in Northern Appalachia
- Stayed at $30.70 in Illinois Basin
- Increased $0.27 to $11.55 in Powder River Basin
- Stayed at $40.70 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in Q3 2017.
NYMEX coal future prices are available through Friday, August 4, 2017.*
*Please note that future prices for NYMEX APPALACHIAN and INDONESIAN_MCCLOSKEY coal are no longer available.
To see the full report, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/markets/.