August 10, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending August 5, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 0.1% lower than last week's estimate and 4.7% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.2 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 465.8 mmst, 14.5% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
To see the full report, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.