September 7, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 2, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.4 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 1.9% lower than last week's estimate and 5.2% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.1 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.3 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 532.5 mmst, 13.7% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.