November 9, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending Nov 4, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.9% higher than last week's estimate and 6.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.7 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.3 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 665 mmst, 9.5% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.