March 1, 2018 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending February 24, 2018.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.7% lower than last week's estimate and 1.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2017
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 115.8 mmst, 6.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2017
To read the full report, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.
CoalZoom.com - Your Foremost Source for Coal News