September 7, 2018 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 1, 2018.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.6 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 0.8% higher than last week's estimate and 0.5% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2017
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.1 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.5 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 506.2 mmst, 2.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2017
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.