November 1, 2018 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending October 27, 2018.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 14.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.6% higher than last week's estimate and 1.9% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2017
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.9 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 621.1 mmst, 2.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2017
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.