January 3, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending December 29, 2018.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.4 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 28.8% lower than last week's estimate and 7.1% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2017
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 750.4 mmst, 2.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2017