January 10, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending January 5, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 5.2% higher than last week's estimate and 0.7% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.9 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 8.7 mmst, 1.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018