February 7, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending February 2, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 8.2% lower than last week's estimate and 16.4% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 66.1 mmst, 0.7% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.