March 7, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending March 2, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.5 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 9.5% lower than last week's estimate and 8.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.7 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 121.4 mmst, 4.1% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.