March 14, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending March 9, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.6% lower than last week's estimate and 9.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.6 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 134.6 mmst, 4.7% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.