April 4, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending March 30, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 10.5 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 6.3% lower than last week's estimate and 26.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 168.7 mmst, 9.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.