April 11, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending April 5, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.5 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 19% higher than last week's estimate and 10.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.4 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.2 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 181.2 mmst, 9.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.