May 2, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending April 27, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 13.7 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 3.8% lower than last week's estimate and 1% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.8 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 223 MMst, 7.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.