May 9, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending May 4, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 14.3 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 4.6% higher than last week's estimate and 7.7% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 237.4 MMst, 6.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
To read the full report, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.