EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: October 3, 2019
October 3, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 28, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 13.6 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 0.2% higher than last week's estimate and 10.4% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.6 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.9 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 534.1 MMst, 4.5% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly