EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: January 3, 2020
January 3, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending December 28, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10.4 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 18.1% lower than last week's estimate and 9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.4 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 700.1 MMst, 6.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.