EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: March 19, 2020
March 19, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending March 14, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 5.3% lower than last week's estimate and 23.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 124.4 MMst, 17.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.