EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: March 26, 2020
March 26, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending March 21, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10.1 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 1% higher than last week's estimate and 14.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.4 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 134.5 MMst, 17.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.