EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: May 21, 2020
May 21, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending May 16, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 8.2 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 1.6% lower than last week's estimate and 44.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 3.5 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 206.8 MMst, 24.5% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.