EIA's Weekly Coal Production report: February 18, 2021
February 18, 2021 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending February 13, 2021.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 9.9 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 9.4% lower than last week's estimate and 13.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2020.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 3.7 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 68 MMst, 11.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2020.