EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: Thursday, August 4, 2022
August 5, 2022 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending July 30, 2022.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.7 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 1.1% higher than last week's estimate and 8.9% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2021.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.4 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 338.4 MMst, 2.6% higher than the comparable year-to-date.