September 6, 2022 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending September 2, 2022.
For the week, spot prices:
- Increased $5.75 to $192.90 in Central Appalachia
- Increased $30.65 to $176.50 in Northern Appalachia
- Increased $6.95 to $196.65 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased $0.05 to $16.20 in Powder River Basin
- Decreased $0.15 to $42.70 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Additional coal data are available in EIA's Coal Data Browser.