EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – January 19, 2023
January 19, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending January 14, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12.2 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 8.6% higher than last week's estimate and 25.7% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.0 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.2 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 23.5 MMst, 9.5% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.