March 7, 2023 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending March 3, 2023.
For the week, spot prices:
- Decreased $7.10 to $128.60 in Central Appalachia
- Decreased $3.25 to $97.50 in Northern Appalachia
- Decreased $16.75 to $107.00 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased $0.20 to $15.30 in Powder River Basin
- Decreased $0.15 to $37.25 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in the second quarter of 2023.
Additional coal data are available in EIA's Coal Data Browser.