EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – March 16, 2023
March 16, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending March 11, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.4 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 11.7% lower than last week's estimate and 5.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.8 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.6 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 117.2 MMst, 0.8% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.