March 20, 2023 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending March 17, 2023.
For the week, spot prices:
- Decreased $39.80 to $88.80 in Central Appalachia
- Decreased $17.00 to $80.50 in Northern Appalachia
- Decreased $28.55 to $78.45 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased $0.35 to $14.95 in Powder River Basin
- Decreased $0.15 to $37.10 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in the second quarter of 2023.
Additional coal data are available in EIA's Coal Data Browser.