EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – May 11, 2023
May 11, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending May 6, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.1 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 2.6% lower than last week's estimate and 0.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.7 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.4 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 210 MMst, 2.3% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.