Summer Internship with the U.S. Department of Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program is a 10-week summer internship for undergraduate and graduate students in STEM majors. As an MLEF participant you will:
- Complete a hands-on research project at one of DOE's National Laboratories or DOE Headquarters.
- Learn from our scientists and engineers how we are working to limit the environmental and climate impacts of fossil fuels and industrial processes while working to achieve net-zero emissions.
- Receive a weekly stipend. Travel and housing assistance is also available.
The MLEF Program may place students at one of several U.S. Department of Energy sites including but not limited to:
- U.S. Department of Energy Headquarters
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Application deadline is January 22, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. EST!