March 2, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ending February 25, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.7 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 6.7% lower than last week's estimate and 10.8% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.3 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 128.3 mmst, 16.3% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.