March 16, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ending March 11, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 14.7 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 6.5% lower than last week's estimate and 11.1% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 158.7 mmst, 14.3% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.