September 5, 2017 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending September 1, 2017.
For the week, spot prices:
- Increased $0.65 to $53.25 in Central Appalachia
- Increased $0.60 to $46.25 in Northern Appalachia
- Stayed at $30.70 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased $0.05 to $11.50 in Powder River Basin
- Decreased $0.15 to $40.55 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in Q4 2017.
NYMEX coal future prices are available through Friday, September 1, 2017.*
*Please note that future prices for NYMEX APPALACHIAN and INDONESIAN_MCCLOSKEY coal are no longer available.
To see the full report, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/markets/.