January 4, 2018 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending December 30, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 10.5 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 32.4% lower than last week's estimate and 28.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 770.9 mmst, 6.1% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.