EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: August 1, 2019
August 1, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending July 27, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 13.9 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 3.4% higher than last week's estimate and 6.3% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.8 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 403.4 MMst, 4.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.