EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: September 5, 2019
September 5, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending August 31, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 14.8 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 6.6% higher than last week's estimate and 4.8% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 474.4 MMst, 5.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.