EIA's Weekly Coal Production report: January 9, 2020
January 9, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending January 4, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12.4 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 19.1% higher than last week's estimate and 0.4% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.4 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 7.2 MMst, 2.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.