February 6, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending February 1, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12.6 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 1.3% higher than last week's estimate and 8.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.6 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 57.9 MMst, 14.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.