EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: March 5, 2020
March 5, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending February 29, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.2 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 2.2% lower than last week's estimate and 21.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.9 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.3 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 103.8 MMst, 16.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.