EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: May 14, 2020
May 14, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending May 9, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 8.3 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 1.6% higher than last week's estimate and 41.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 3.5 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.8 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 198.7 MMst, 23.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.