September 3, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending August 29, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.1 million short tons (MMst).
• This production estimate is 2.5% lower than last week's estimate and 26.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019.
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.4 MMst.
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 MMst.
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 349.8 MMst, 26.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019.
For more information, visit EIA’s website.