September 10, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 5, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10.7 million short tons (MMst).
• This production estimate is 3.4% lower than last week's estimate and 20.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019.
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.2 MMst.
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.5 MMst.
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 362.5 MMst, 26.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019.
For more information, visit EIA’s website.