October 1, 2020 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 26, 2020.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10.2 million short tons (MMst).
• This production estimate is 5.3% lower than last week's estimate and 25.5% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2019.
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.0 MMst.
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 MMst.
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 393.9 MMst, 26.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2019.