January 11, 2021 - The Coal Markets Report has been updated for the business week ending January 8, 2021.
For the week, spot prices:
- Increased $0.75 to $55.10 in Central Appalachia
- Increased $0.70 to $45.85 in Northern Appalachia
- Increased $0.15 to $34.25 in Illinois Basin
- Decreased $0.15 to $11.40 in Powder River Basin
- Increased $1.55 to $31.40 in Uinta Basin
Spot prices are in dollars per short ton and are for delivery in the second quarter of 2021. There are no available prices for delivery in the first quarter of 2021.
Additional coal data are available in our Coal Data Browser.